portupgrade -Fa

Alex de Kruijff freebsd at akruijff.dds.nl
Sat Oct 11 16:25:55 PDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 01:29:40PM +0200, Patrick O'Reilly wrote:
> Here's a strange thing:
>
> I have a number of servers which all run a portupgrade script every
> night to fetch the latest distfiles automatically.  I then complete the
> upgrade when I decide I'm in the mood :)
>
> The strange part is that on some of the servers the script works just
> fine, and on others it runs, and emails me what looks like a job well
> done, but the distfile has NOT been fetched.  When I then go to do the
> actual upgrade, the distfile must first be fetched by portupgrade before
> it proceeds to build.
>
> Does anyone know what might cause this?

There could be any number of problems that may be the cause of this. I
realy can't see that from here.  What you need to do is to do a check on
every machine that doesn't work. I find it best to go from where the
process begins and go all the way down to portupgrade. Try to find where
it goes wrong. It could be that the crontab is wrong or that portupgrade
isn't installed.

--
Alex

Articles based on solutions that I use: