FreeBSD Internals e-book

Rouan van Dalen rvdalen at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 11 03:47:56 PDT 2003

High!

My name is ROUAN, i am 20.  I am from South Africa.

About 7 months ago my friend introduced me to FreeBSD.  Needless to say I was really impressed with your OS.  I would firstly like to congratulate the entire FreeBSD team for their outstanding work on what is surely the best OS I have seen thus far.

As I started to play with FreeBSD, I got more and more curious about how it works.  I have downloaded the Handbook & developers handbook.

I am starting my own FreeBSD documentation project.  The name of the new book I am writing is "FreeBSD Internals".  It will be distributed in PDF format.

On completion of each chapter I will mail it to you (or any e-mail address that you supply).  I need very indepth information on how the internals of FreeBSD works.  Information that is non-existent.  I was wondering if you could help me in my quest for knowledge about FreeBSD.  In exchange for the knowledge, I will publish the e-book for free.

The e-book will be totally free of charge because I want to give something back to the FreeBSD community.  Also I believe that knowledge should be free.  That is 1 of the most attractive features of FreeBSD.  It is free.

Thanx ...