ADSL modem & ip addresses

liquid liquid at homebass.ca
Fri Oct 10 11:34:10 PDT 2003

*snipped*

> Actually quite a few of the SOHO DSL routers I've seen do include
> simple
> firewalling but often enough they are only configurable via a browser
> and have a kind of all or nothing stance. For fine granular control
> over
> the firewall it is hard to beat FBSD and IPFilter / IPFW for the price
> -
> it just doesn't come with a pretty web interface ( not that you
> couldn't
> build one if you had the time or the energy I suppose.

You don't have to build one.  Someone already did.

I remember accidentally running into it a few months back while googling
other stuff.  I personally have no need now that I have a ruleset that I
like, I just use the same one over and over wherever I need it changing
the IP addresses where necessary