/usr/local/etc/rc.d/*sh and slow build world in FreeBSD 5.1

freebsd-questions at markdrayton.info freebsd-questions at markdrayton.info
Fri Oct 10 03:58:34 PDT 2003

Hi

I've recently installed a FreeBSD 5.1 box, which is working okay aside
from a couple of points:

1) I can't get /usr/local/etc/rc.d/*sh to work. I don't have my rc.conf
to hand but I've tried many different config options. Is there something
I need to do to run these scripts on a vanilla FBSD 5.1 box? The script
is definitely *.sh and executable.

2) Building kernels/worlds is MUCH slower than under 4.X. A kernel used
to take around an hour; it's taking about 4 under 5.1 (Cyrix 166mhz/64Mb
RAM). Is there still a lot of debugging code in 5.1 which could slow
things down?

Cheers,

--

Mark