Screen size

doug doug at fledge.watson.org
Thu Oct 9 10:38:39 PDT 2003

Yea - I keep submitting a request to the XFree86 folk. I have never had
success with the graphifical program. Use one of the text based programs.
There are xf86cfg and xf86config, as I recall.

Basicall you need the Horizontal and Vertical rates and you need to make
sure the screen size and depth can be handled by your video card and
monitor. Either of the text based programs will lead you through the
appropriate questions.