cvsup and portupgrade

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Wed Oct 8 14:52:41 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 08 October 2003 02:01 pm, Kai Grossjohann wrote:
> Kent Stewart <kstewart at owt.com> writes:
> > make index
> > portsdb -u
>
> The docs for portsdb mention "portsdb -uU" (or was it "-Uu"?).  Is
> there a difference between "portsdb -U" and "make index"?  What's
> that difference?

Kris has a script that checks "make index". There isn't anything that
checks "portsdb -U". I also find that "make index" produces an INDEX.db
with typically 1 port or more than "portsdb -U" does. I log the
production of "make index" and I like to see a log like

ruby# m make-index-20031008-1033.log
Generating INDEX - please wait.. Done.

Portsdb -U usually produces a lot more messages.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA