IPsec with racoon

rduvall at onlinehighways.net rduvall at onlinehighways.net
Wed Oct 8 08:27:10 PDT 2003

You don't have any firewall rules blocking it somewhere in the middle between
the two endpoints, do you?  Some ISP's will block all traffic except for certain
types, but they don't tell you about it.  We have a wireless internet provider
in town that blocks ports to keep people from using certain types of internet
services to save bandwidth.  They are an http/email only provider in this sense.
 VPN will not work across this ISP, regardless of the fact that you have a real
IP address with them.  I disagree with ISP's doing this if people are paying
full price for internet service.  However, they charge a very low rate, so
people get what they pay for in the end.

Sincerely,

Rick Duvall