nerd

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Tue Oct 7 15:05:20 PDT 2003

http://www2.es.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install.html

> Apart from using my PIV................
> Is there a version of freeBSD suitable for machines such as a 486 and MMX133/166? Id  like to turn al the leftovers into a little network and obtain a super-desktop.
> Any hints on that respect?

If they have at least a dozen megabytes of RAM, any version.  [FreeBSD
can run in a lot less, but the normal install needs more.]
I don't think any number of old, slow machines will help you improve
your desktop operations, though.