RAID-1 pre-install question

Ben Blier bblier at trynetics.com
Tue Oct 7 11:27:46 PDT 2003

I am having trouble setting up the partitions for my hardware RAID-1
(a Promise RAID controller) with the latest version of FreeBSD.

My partitions come up as ad4 ad6 and ar0. When I try and partition
the ad4 drive with the normal partitons it gives me the error that it
"cant write partition info to the disk." When I try and partition the
ar0, it will write the partition info successfully. But after it's
done trying to write a file to it will give me the error of "not
enough space left on the disk."

Maybe it's just because I've never set a hardware RAID on FreeBSD
before but can anybody give me a hint how to set this up so it will
work :)

Thanks,

Ben Blier
bblier at trynetics.com