adding webmail

User Sellis sellis at d216-232-140-48.bchsia.telus.net
Tue Oct 7 10:47:10 PDT 2003

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 09:47:52AM -0700, S Ellis wrote:

> I want to broaden access to my home email by adding a webmail interface.
> Right now I'm running sendmail with procmail and using spamassassin; I'd
> like to keep this setup.

A quick note to tie up.

I've gotten a long way towards what I wanted; we'll see how it actually
behaves in practice. To summarize, I needed to make both imap-uw and
cclient with -DWITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT, and for both ports I had to patch
the source to use an alternate mailboxdir  as outlined in the CONFIG
file in the docs directory of the source tree. After adding my original
mailboxes to ~/.mailboxlist the web app is opening where I want and with
what I want.

These are relevant:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=freebsd-questions&m=105342946712054&w=2

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=freebsd-questions&m=106486098828048&w=2