ppp confusion

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Tue Oct 7 05:53:09 PDT 2003

You need to read    man ppp   some more.  Using the form of the
command "ppp -auto myisp"  puts ppp in silence mode, you will not
get an console messages that ppp is "on", you have to look in the
/var/log/ppp.log for your log messages.  Use just "ppp" command
alone to go into manual mode and then you will get console messages.

You left out all the details about your environment. Before
reposting get all the details together and post them with your
question.  Dmesg.boot ppp.log ppp.conf details about modem