awstats and multi-domains....

Payne payne at magidesign.com
Mon Oct 6 10:08:20 PDT 2003

Hi,

I am having a problem with awstats I am currently using 5.9, I have set
up the following dir....

/etc/awstats/

I have six domains....and I have tried to set up the conf from the
model  like the in  instruction....

awstats.mysite1.conf
awstats.mysite2.conf
awstats.mysite3.conf
awstats.mysite4.conf
awstats.mysite5.conf
awstats.mysite6.conf

But when I try to run awstats.pl  from the command line get this error....

/usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin/awstats.pl
-config="/etc/awstats/awstats.mysite1.conf"

Error: Couldn't open config file
"awstats./etc/awstats/awstats.mysite1.conf" nor "awstats.conf" after
searching in path
"/usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin/,/etc/awstats,/etc/opt/awstats,/etc,/usr/local/etc/awstats":
No such file or directory Setup (Config file, web server or permissions)
may be wrong. See AWStats documentation in 'docs' directory for
informations on how to setup awstats.

I have check permissions on the files...and they are all set to 755.

I have tried to set a file called awstats.conf and it works.

So I have tried set up dir ...

/etc/awstats/mysites1.com/

Under this dir I have place awstat.conf  but I get the same error above.

What do I need to do to set up for multi-domains? I have read the FAQ
and docs and there is nothing about multi-domains.

Payne