Booting without keyboard.

Henrik Hudson lists at rhavenn.net
Mon Oct 6 06:25:27 PDT 2003

On Monday 06 October 2003 08:16, Mike Jackson wrote:
> ext hctan7 at yahoo.com (hctan7 at yahoo.com) wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have recently installed FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE-p10 on a Intel SE7501WV2
> > board. I am using a PS2 keyboard without mouse. It works fine. However,
> > when i boot without the keyboard plugged into the system, it is not able
> > to accept the keyboard when i plug in later.
> >
> > Is there a way to turn the keyboard always 'on' so that i can get it to
> > work whenever i plug it in after the system is up and running.

Yes, there is. In your kernel, find the line:
	device          atkbd0  at atkbdc? irq 1

the default kernel has a flag x or something after the 'irq 1' . Delete the
flag portion and its argument, recompile and reboot and then the ps2 keyboard
will always load.

Henrik
--
Henrik Hudson
listsNO at SPAMrhavenn.net

"`If there's anything more important than my ego
around, I want it caught and shot now.'"
	--Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy