Samba 3.0 breakage

Matt Edwards matthewedwards at comcast.net
Sun Oct 5 14:43:46 PDT 2003

I am trying to compile the FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE port of samba 3.  Everytime I
make to begin building the binaries make errors out after attempting to
compile dynconfig.c.  The screen fills with numerous "redifinition of 'xxx'"
and "previously declared here"  errors.  At the end it stops with

"/usr/include/gssapi.h:707: previous declaration of 'gss_canonicalize_name'
***Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/samba-devel/work/samba-3.0.0beta3/source
***Error code 1

Anyone have any ideas?  I have just updated my source tree with cvsup before
attempting to make.

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

I had noticed that Tim Kellers had also posted the same problem back in July.  This is happening to me in Oct. 2003