Huge fonts in mozilla with nvidia driver

Sue Blake sue at welearn.com.au
Sun Oct 5 04:40:11 PDT 2003

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 12:40:43PM +0200, Eric Dillenseger wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 12:23:23PM +0200, Eric Dillenseger wrote:
> > I just set a fbsd 5.1 box and installed the nvidia driver.
> > Now when I launch X with nvidia driver mozilla display very huge fonts
> > (in menu, dialog boxes, etc.)
> > When using nv driver, no problem.
> > I'm desperately searching for a fix, unsuccessfully.
> >
> And just found the trick. As usually when posting for help :/
> Need to use DisplaySize <width> <height> in Monitor section of
> XF86Config.
> So i'm posting it to be in the archives.
> May help some other people.

Thanks, it was good of you to take the time to share what you found,
because the archives are a valuable and much used resource. It's nice
to see such a considerate person joining our community.

I'm reposting this to freebsd-questions, which is the archive
that people rely on for all support questions. We don't distinguish
between newbies and old timers when offering support. Everyone
deserves the best we can give, and that's in freebsd-questions.
Also the developers watch freebsd-questions to see if new users
are having trouble installing new versions.

You might not have realised that people are not supposed to ask
questions, nor answer them, on freebsd-newbies. If someone does that
by mistake, you can be sure they don't know much about FreeBSD or its
community and you wouldn't want their advice.  So there is no point
ever searching the -newbies archives for help. Just use
freebsd-questions for any help, asking or offering or searching.
You don't have to join the list first.

If you read the mailing list charters on the web site, you'll see
what the difference is. When you join a mailing list, you get sent
your own copy of its list charter. If you have trouble working out
how to use the mailing lists effectively, _that_ is something you
are very welcome to ask about in freebsd-newbies.

Thanks again for your helpful approach, and I'm glad to see
you got everything sorted out in the end. If you need any
more help please write again to freebsd-questions, or if you
just want to chat I'll see you over at freebsd-newbies.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-