Interested but am i compatible?

Simon Rutishauser simon.rutishauser at gmx.ch
Sat Oct 4 08:47:25 PDT 2003

Am Sat, 04 Oct 2003 12:41:20 +0100 schrieb William Labbett:

> hi all,
>
>  i like to try out FreeBSD for various reasons....
> i've got a few questions;
>
> are there HP Printer drivers available and also Artec scanner drivers?

what printer? What scanner?

www.linuxprinting.org (also goes for FreeBsd as you can use the same
printing system...)

>  is there a freeware C/C++ compiler available
> and (less importantly) a freeware
> text editor or C/C++ project IDE ??

Well, of course GCC but that's Free Software and not Freeware (and the
best compiler anyway ;-)

IDE: lots of;

>  will it work on on a BrillianX motherboard?
>
> what kind of modem will i need.
>
> i think i've got a WinModem - Conextant or something......

I am sucessfully using a Conexant Softmodem on Linux - FreeBSD drivers are
not available.

plz be a little more specific about your hardware _nobody_ can or will
help you if you ask like that

Peschmä