building sendmail-sasl-8.12.10 problems

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Sat Oct 4 08:13:31 PDT 2003

> Hmmm... Sounds like you're trying to start up the sendmail from the
> base system but using the .mc/.cf files with all of the SASL stuff in
> it.
>
> Check the contents of /etc/mail/mailer.conf -- make sure you're
> starting up the port version of sendmail, which will be
> /usr/local/sbin/sendmail

Hi,

okay I fixed /etc/mail/mailer.conf file and 8.12.10 is now running.

> Either that, or ditch the ports version of sendmail, and add the
> following to your /etc/make.conf:
>
>     SENDMAIL_CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include -DSASL=2
>     SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
>     SENDMAIL_LDADD=-lsasl2

when I uncomment these entries in /etc/make.conf - I get the folllowing errors
during execution of 'make' .

root at hurricane# make
"/etc/make.conf", line 404: Unassociated shell command
"SENDMAIL_CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include -DSASL=2"
"/etc/make.conf", line 405: Unassociated shell command
"SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib"
"/etc/make.conf", line 406: Unassociated shell command
"SENDMAIL_LDADD=-lsasl2" make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

- Noah