Does FreeBSD support USB Wireless Adapter ?

Michael Lee kclee at tiny.ws
Thu Oct 2 20:56:37 PDT 2003

Hi,
I use Gemtek WL-382F USB Wireless Adapter.
I've set the options for USB and wireless ethernet and recompiled the
kernel.
While plugging in the USB Wireless Adapter, it shows:

ugen0: Atmel product 0x7605, rev.1.10/1.00, addr 2

I noticed that the Handbook ( chap. 19.3 ) only mentioned for PCMCIA
wireless ethernet adapter. However, I wonder if FreeBSD does support USB
Wireless Adapter.

Of course I failed to find any wi0 devices while typing ifconfig -a

Any suggestion ?

Thank you!

Michael Lee