Fbsd gateway+restrictions

Dead Line dead_line at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 2 04:07:06 PDT 2003

Hello Everybody,

    I have a DSL Router <--connected--> internet <--connected--> FreeBSD
4.8-R box
    And this FBSD connected to a Hub which connected to around 20 PC's
(Win98+XP) on a LAN.
    Easy? its just a DSL LAN.

1)
    I want This Box to work as a Internet gateway, and to share the internet
between the PC'S
    thro this box.
    shall i just enable the gateway enable 'yes' ? only? it will share the
net to?

2) How can i do restrictions on  the LAN? for example, I want to give this
specific IP an Internet
    connection, and i want to block that one.

3) I want to allow this specific IP to have downloads enables, and other IP,
no downloads.

4) Also can i setup a timing ? to give internet connection from this time to
that time per day?

   Thank you a much, any ideas will be really appreciate it.

   Marwan.