sym links

Brian Bobowski bbobowski at cogeco.ca
Wed Oct 1 23:05:19 PDT 2003

On October 2, 2003 02:01 am, Sunil Sunder Raj wrote:
> 2)  How can you make a symlink for a user so that it can be seen while
> they are in an FTP session.  Basically, I have a user who cannot see the
> symlink I've set up for them...not sure why.
> --AFAIK it is not possible. Even then I suppose it depends on teh ftp
> server.

Actually, with the default ftpd turned on in inetd, a link in the user's home
directory(chown'd to that user) showed up just fine when I logged into ftp as
that user, and also allowed me to get to the appropriate directory without
attempting to navigate the directory tree.

I would try, then, running chown on the symlink in question.

-BB