upgrading to 4 stable

Damien Hull dhull at digitaloverload.net
Wed Oct 1 12:33:32 PDT 2003

I upgraded to 4 stable using the sup file in
/usr/share/example/cvsup/stable-supfile.

I edited the file to include the ports and doc.

What I got was 4.9 prerelease. With this version I can't use
/stand/sysinstall to install software. It keeps telling me that the FTP
server doesn't have the ports for 4.9. The ports in /usr/ports work fine
but it would be nice to use /stand/sysinstall.

QUESTIONS
1. Is 4.9 stable?
2. Is there a way I can use /stand/sysinstall to install software?
3. This system is being used at the moment. Is there any danger in using
4.9 prerelease?