Using hp surestore dat 24 tape drive with Free BSD 4.8

Andreas Kohn andreas.kohn at gmx.net
Wed Oct 1 04:30:10 PDT 2003

[please use reply to all to include the list]

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 12:56, Verghese George wrote:
> Andreas,
> Thanks. The card is still not recognised when booting up. The GENERIC
> kernel does not seem to have an entry
> device trm
>
> Does it mean that I have to recompile the kernel?
>
> Thanks
>
> Verghese George

Hi,

I do not know exactly if FreeBSD 4.x has a trm module, but you might
first try to do
kldload trm
If that does work (i.e. print some success messages), you can add
trm_load="yes"
to your /boot/loader.conf file to have the trm module loaded at boot
time.

If the trm.ko module is not available, yes, you need to recompile your
kernel as described in the handbook.

Regards,
Andreas