php4...

Melvyn Sopacua freebsd-questions at webteckies.org
Sun Nov 30 20:06:46 PST 2003

On Monday 01 December 2003 04:50, Gary Kline wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 03:39:37AM +0100, Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
> > On Monday 01 December 2003 02:29, Gary Kline wrote:
> > > 	Yipes!  No wonder no FUD port has been done! ....
> >
> > You mean this?
> >
> > (I'm still trying to improve this, but need a hack on bsd.php.mk to make
> > it more user-friendly).
> >
> > Oh - just create /usr/ports/www/fudforum, cd into it and sh /path/to/
> > fudforum.sh.
> >
> > --
> > Melvyn
>
> 	"fudforum.sh"??  Hm, looks like I grabbed the wrong .bz2

(see my message 5 minutes later), which is commonly used to distribute new
ports or proposals for that. What I did after I proposed this software to
you, is create a port for it, and find out for myself what issues would arise
if a port would be created. It's a pretty straight-forward port actually
which doesn't need much magic.

The only annoying thing is that there's no way currently for a port to
determine which php extensions have actually been compiled into php, other
then guessing "if the mysql library is there, then probably the php build has
the mysql extension as well", which is not necessarily the case.

--
Melvyn

FreeBSD sarevok.webteckies.org 5.2-BETA FreeBSD 5.2-BETA #1: Sat Nov 29
00:15:33 CET 2003     root at sarevok.webteckies.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/
SAREVOK_NOFW_DBG  i386