apache has fallen [and it won't get up]

Marty Landman MLandman at face2interface.com
Sun Nov 30 10:42:01 PST 2003

I must be getting somewhere cuz in the process of email working better
Apache now won't come up. Last thing I did other than email config's (that
shouldn't affect httpd, right?) was change my hostname in rc.conf. Then
changed it right back.

Rebooted....

[Sun Nov 30 11:14:53 2003] [alert] (EAI 7)No address associated with
hostname: mod_unique_id: unable to find IPv4 address of
"SwamiSalami.face2interface.domain"
Configuration Failed

This does raise a related issue in my mind, namely if it's not rc.conf
that's messing me up then it could possibly be a myriad of things I did
since last rebooting, maybe a week ago? Is this something one has to watch
out for, i.e. problems introduced that don't manifest themselves until some
arbitrary time in the future? Also [maybe an Apache not FBSD question] is
there a difference between an Apache restart vs. a system reboot as far as
config problems becoming manifest. I'm guessing that there is.

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
Sign On Required: Web membership software for your site