lost labels

martin martin.vana at vslib.cz
Sun Nov 30 09:42:02 PST 2003

Greetings,
I've encouted little difficuluty, don't know what exactly has happend, but
after installing W2K on the other disk, disklabel on my primary disk
disappeard /FREEBSD4.9/. Only thing I can do is to mount /dev/ad0s1
unforunately I can't access /dev/ad0s1[a-f] due to inccorect super block message.
disklabel prints this:

vanice# disklabel -r /dev/ad0s1

# /dev/ad0s1:
type: ESDI
disk: ad0s1
label:
flags:
bytes/sector: 512
sectors/track: 63
tracks/cylinder: 255
sectors/cylinder: 16065
cylinders: 4862
sectors/unit: 78124032
rpm: 3600
interleave: 1
trackskew: 0
cylinderskew: 0
headswitch: 0           # milliseconds
track-to-track seek: 0  # milliseconds
drivedata: 0

8 partitions:
#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
  c: 78124032        0    unused        0     0         # (Cyl.    0 - 4862*)

Is there a chance I can see my data again?
Thank you
Martin Vana