FreeBSD vs Samba machine account creation

Stacey Roberts stacey at vickiandstacey.com
Sun Nov 30 05:12:24 PST 2003

Hello,
     Some time ago, I saw a thread on this list that had concluded that the adduser facility in FreeBSD had been amended so that samba machine accounts can be created with the required "$" at the end of the desired machine user name.

Is this not actually the case?

I'd appreciate any information on this, please. I did check the man pages, but again, I could swear I read that thread., only because it reminded me of the problems I once had trying to get this to work some months prior.

Thanks for the time.

Regards,

Stacey
--