loosing wireless connection...

Brett L. Brown brett-brown at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 29 20:06:03 PST 2003

On Sunday 30 November 2003 01:30 am, you wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 03:07:27PM +0000, Brett L. Brown wrote:
> > I'm running FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE on a Dell Latitude c600. The laptop is
> > continuously powered on. When I close my laptop I lose my dhcp lease. I
> > would prefer the behavior of not ever loosing my dhcp lease when I close
> > my screen. If I can't have this what is a quick way to request another
> > lease without having to loose my login session or rebooting. Currently I
> > have to leave my screen open or if my wife closes it for me I have to
> > reboot. :(
> >
> > brett
>
> That depend what you using for a DHCP server. If you use isc-dhcpd then

I am using an SMC 8Port Barricade Router as a DHCP server. Is this ok?

I was wondering if my Wireless Access Point configuration settings might have
something to do with this. I have powersavingmode=off but powersleepmode=100
is set and I'm wondering if this is the culprit. I havn't figured out how to
reinitialize powersleepmode and I'm not sure if I should increase are
decrease the setting.