System hang when installing 5.1 AND 4.9.1

Thor Anderson thor_anderson at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 29 13:01:43 PST 2003

Thank you for your observation.  As I pointed out in my original message,
the problem also occurs with FreeBSD 4.9.1.  Worse, no boot message at all
is displayed by that version before the system hangs.

While I would be happy to go with either version, I am now working with 5.1
for two reasons.  First, it is the only "commercial" release I could
purchase in a boxed set at CompUSA.  Second, at least it provides a boot
message before hanging my system which may make debugging easier.

Thor