named (bind) in jail does not start

Axel S. Gruner grunix at bsdforen.de
Sat Nov 29 06:23:39 PST 2003

Hi.

I have configured named in jail (FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE-p10).
If i want to start named in the jail

/usr/sbin/named

i get this error message:

opensocket_f: bind([0.0.0.0].53): Address already in use

Ok, Port 53 is not in use in the jail nor the hostsystem.
I think the problem is 0.0.0.0, and i have to bind named on the IP of
the jail.

I tested same named configuration on the hostsystem, i thought about
some misconfigration, but on the hostsystem named starts perfectly.

I also tried to start named with -g and -u in the jail, same error.

So, my short question is, how can i run named in the jail?
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
--
asg