IPsec key renogotiation lag.

Lewis Thompson purple at lewiz.net
Fri Nov 28 13:38:48 PST 2003

Hi,

Just a quick question -- when using IPsec on my LAN I'm finding I get
short jumps in films, music, etc. when the key renegotiation takes
place.

  I understand this is quite necessary, but can anybody recommend any
way to reduce the delay, or remove it totally (short of having much
larger timeouts, or buying hardware encryption devices ;)?

  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks very much,

-lewiz.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:purple at lewiz.net | jabber:lewiz at jabber.org | url:www.lewiz.org |-