Starting new entries in /etc/rc.conf

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Thu Nov 27 01:36:23 PST 2003

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 02:00:27PM -0800, Kevin Stevens wrote:

> If you're running the U10 headless, dropping DTR on the connection
> will, by default, drop the U10 into OpenBoot, stopping execution of the
> OS (this is true on most if all Sun boxes, not just the U10).  There's
> a simple setting change to make on the U10 if you don't want this to
> happen.  I no longer recall what it is offhand, but a quick Google
> should fix you up.

On most sun kit, turning the power key to the padlock symbol will
prevent the system breaking to OBP on loss of DTR on the console.

There's an equivalent thing you can do on the netras and other small
kit that doesn't have a key as such -- I think it's just setting an
environment variable in the OBP stuff.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way