5.x downgrade recommendation

Guy Van Sanden guy.van.sanden at pandora.be
Thu Nov 27 01:18:02 PST 2003

I've moved to the 5.x branch since 5.0-RLEASE, currently, I'm running

I'm now considering if I will do the upgrade to 5.2-RELEASE, or
reinstall the system with 4.9 or 4.10.
The 5.x branch seems to remain rather unstable longer then I had

What would you guys recommend, wait out for 5.3 (which is supposed to be
4.x-like stable), or move back to 4.9 (or 4.10 soon).

Will 5.2 be much better?

I know I made the move too soon, but at that time, I was relatively new
to FreeBSD (coming from linux) and I misjudged the readiness of 5.x and
I hadn't forseen that my homeserver would become that important (It is a
CVS repository for 4 websites now).

Thanks for your advice



  Guy Van Sanden <guy.van.sanden at pandora.be> 

  PGP KeyID: 28F16C35 <http://users.pandora.be/guyness/gvs/gvs.asc>
  Fingerprint: 7436 65AE 8B18 6995 9D63  ED2B D670 A283 28F1 6C35

  Registered Linux user #249404 - September 1997

More information about the freebsd-questions mailing list