Starting new entries in /etc/rc.conf

Bill Schoolcraft bill at wiliweld.com
Wed Nov 26 14:08:36 PST 2003

At Wed, 26 Nov 2003 it looks like Kevin Stevens composed:

> If you're running the U10 headless, dropping DTR on the connection
> will, by default, drop the U10 into OpenBoot, stopping execution of the
> OS (this is true on most if all Sun boxes, not just the U10).  There's
> a simple setting change to make on the U10 if you don't want this to
> happen.  I no longer recall what it is offhand, but a quick Google
> should fix you up.
>
> Even if you still don't want to reboot the fbsd box, I'd think you'd
> want to fix this for reliability reasons.

Thanks,

Both these machines are on the network via cat5 and I can't
remember if I had to unplug the serial to reboot the FreeBSD box
before and not affect the Ultra-10 or what I did. I know now
that the serial cable is hooked up so I'll wait till I get home.

I do recall that when Solaris would "halt" I would have to
serial in and I think type "go" if I'm not mistaken -- then it
would resume running.  It was in a protective sleep mode if I
recall and did not need to be rebooted.

--
Bill Schoolcraft