crontab

stuart.gibson at bridgeman.co.uk stuart.gibson at bridgeman.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 08:36:05 PST 2003

Hi,

I have a number of scripts that run every night using a crontab.  In my
crontab file I'm using the MAILTO flag to get cron to email me every
time it runs which results in a lot of emails.

Is there any way of instructing cron to only email me if the cron job
fails?

regards

Stuart Gibson

Stuart Gibson
IT Assistant Manager
The Bridgeman Art Library
17-19 Garway Road London W2 4PH, UK
T  +44 (0)20 7908 1619
F  +44 (0)20 7792 8509
www.bridgeman.co.uk

The Bridgeman Art Library is the world's leading source of fine art
images.

Our website has now been completely redesigned to make finding the
perfect image easier than ever. New features include: thousands more
images, an easy-to-use design, ‘Lightbox’ facilities for improved
searching, ‘My Bridgeman section for managing your images, inspiring
selections by Bridgeman Picture Researchers, a full listing of all our
museums, artists and collections and comprehensive online help. Try
out the new site now at www.bridgeman.co.uk

International Offices:

The Bridgeman Art Library International, USA
T +1 212 828 1238
newyork at bridgemanart.com

The Bridgeman Giraudon, France
T +33 (0)1 55 80 79 10
paris at bridgeman.fr

This email is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is not
the original intended recipient. The Bridgeman Art Library cannot
accept liability for statements made which are clearly the sender's own
and not made on behalf of the Bridgeman Art Library.