postfix restrictions error

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Wed Nov 26 07:56:27 PST 2003

"dave" <dmehler at davemehler.com> writes:

>     I'm trying to implement the below restrictions on my postfix 2.0.16
> system. I am getting the error:
> "Missing '=' after attribute 'permit_mynetworks'" on a line number

Sounds like postfix thinks it's a parameter, not a value.

>     I copied these verbatum from a site, i do not understand what is
>     up.

Postfix is easier to configure than sendmail, but there's still really
no alternative to understanding what you're doing.

> # uce values
> strict_rfc821_envelopes = yes
> smtpd_etrn_restrictions = permit_mynetworks
> smtpd_helo_required = yes
> smtpd_helo_restrictions =
> permit_mynetworks,
> reject_unauth_pipelining,
> reject_invalid_hostname
> reject_maps_rbl
> maps_rbl_domains =
> sbl.spamhaus.org,
> relays.ordb.org,
> opm.blitzed.org,
> dun.dnsrbl.net,
> spam.dnsrbl.net
> smtpd_sender_restrictions =
> reject_non_fqdn_sender,
> reject_unknown_sender_domain
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
> permit_mynetworks,
> reject_unauth_destination,
> reject_non_fqdn_recipient

I think you've got general syntax problems.  A line only continues the
previous line if it begins with whitespace.  So you should indent a
lot of those lines (pretty much all of the ones that don't have an '='
at the end).  For readability, I would also separate the different
parameter settings with (at least) a blank line.