Help me...

Geir Svalland admin at swedehost.com
Wed Nov 26 02:53:26 PST 2003

Hi again.
Please, don't send mail regarding help, directly to my mail-adress.
Send via the list ( freebsd-questions at freebsd.org ) and your chance for
positive reply are a lot bigger, and a lot more people have a chance to
give you better advice then I'm.

Referring to the two previous answers you got at the list,

Do you try to install PHP as user root ?
( $someuser ) su
Password: " root password here"
Given the correct password, your prompt are supposed to
change from $ to #, then you have root privilieges.

Do you try to install PHP via ports ?
As root, do the following :
cd /usr/ports/lang/php4
make install clean

This way, the files you need for your installation, will automatically
get fetched.

One way I had great success installing PHP was with the following:

Deinstall Apache.
make -DWITH_APACHE2 -DWITH_MYSQL install clean

and everything worked out like a dream.

Good luck and lots of fun.

/Meffe.