Sending logs by mail locally

Jonas Manalive manalive at gmx.net
Tue Nov 25 08:57:14 PST 2003

Hello,

Now I am able to use fetchmail/procmail/postfix to send/receive emails
from external server on internet. However, I have some scripts and cron
jobs that send mails to root, which in /etc/aliases I have set up to
send to me as the sole user of this computer.

/etc/aliases
(among other things by default)
root:	manalive

I have not been able to verify whether mails are being sent locally as I
am not receiving anything at root or at my user account.
/var/log/maillog doesn't say anything. I must have missed a
configuration somewhere where I can set up so I can mail locally.

Any advices?

Best regards,

Jonas