questions to decide

José Pedro Navarro Cánovas jpncanovas at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 25 03:41:40 PST 2003

Hello, I want to install a new operating system in to my new notebook.
I don't want to install any microsoft operating system, and I was asking myself
what operating system could I install, but I'm not sure now.

Well, some of my friends told me that I have to install Linux, but the opinions are
so fragmented. Some of my friends told me that I have to use Red Hat, others that
I have to try SuSE, others Debian, and some fiends told me about use Mandrake...

Well, I've tried all and I found some compatibility problems between distributions
and programs to use.

When I was working in other companies I've used SCO OpenServer Unix...

Anyway I'm so much confused, because the only I want is install an operating system
that support my notebook's hardware.

AMD processor, Broadband network card, pcmcia and network pcmcia card conceptronic,
ATI Radeon IGP card, USB, serial and parallel ports... iee ports... and all new hardware, but
I can't found some drivers in one or another distribution, and sometimes, in all distro...

I would like If you can tell me if I can install freeBSD 5.1 or newer to support full features of
my notebook.

The use I will do to my notebook is home and office use, perhaps to play some games, but most
cases is to use any free office program and to develop software under c, c++ or kylix language...

Thankyou so much... Regards,

Jose Pedro Navarro