Building Automated Custom Install CD

Jim Sims jim at esims.org
Mon Nov 24 17:07:03 PST 2003

Not exactly. FreeBSD From Scratch requires a working system and several other items (See #3 Prerequisites). What I am looking for is information for making install CDs (binary install is ideal) that will complete the whole process start to finish without requiring anything from the user.

I believe a modified install CD with sysinstall scripts is required, but I am not clear on what to modify in the Boot CD configuration.

In Linux I would simply modify the ks.cfg and burn a new CD using the modified /isolinux. Is there anything comparable on the FreeBSD boot CD?

Thanks for responding!

Jim