Connection attempt to TCP messages in /var/log/messages

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Mon Nov 24 11:29:02 PST 2003

On Monday 24 November 2003 11:11 am, Spades wrote:
> I did a tail -f /var/log/messages and got all these..
>
> previously before my cvs and recompile kernel to 4.9 stable
> it didn't have below.. now it does..
>
> Nov 25 03:09:56 asia /kernel: Connection attempt to TCP 202.79.180.131:80
> from 65.217.41.66:1681
> Nov 25 03:09:58 asia /kernel: Connection attempt to TCP 202.79.180.130:80
> from 24.136.234.77:4059
>
> question.. how to stop seeing them in /var/log/messages?

Buy a hardware firewall that you place in front of your computer. You probably
have a log option in your firewall and someone is trying to connect to your
web server. You could turn off logging but I like to know who is trying to
connect to my systems. This is especially true when I am not running a
service and they are probing to find out if I am.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA