USB disks on FreeBSD 4.7

Mike Jeays Mike.Jeays at rogers.com
Sun Nov 23 19:56:35 PST 2003

I have a  4.7 system, and have trouble with an Apacer Flash Memory
64 MB disk.  I can read and write the FAT system on it if it is
plugged in at boot time, but I cannot remount it if I unmount
it, unplug it, and then plug it in again.

Is this a known problem in 4.7 that is fixed in later versions, and
are there any commands that will do a successful reset?

Please cc me as I am not subscribed; the volume on the list is
quite high these days.

Dmesg output is as follows:

da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
da0: < USB DISK 2.08> Removable Direct Access SCSI-0 device
da0: 650KB/s transfers
da0: 62MB (128000 512 byte sectors: 64H 32S/T 62C)
(da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): READ(6)/WRITE(6) not supported, increasing
minimum_cmd_size to 10.
------
umass0: BBB reset failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, IOERROR