usb digital camera

JacobRhoden jrhoden at unimelb.edu.au
Sun Nov 23 15:02:29 PST 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 09:02 am, Kent Hauser wrote:
> usbdevs sees the camera, as does "gphoto2 --auto-detect". However, I'm
> unable to access the camera data with "gphoto2 --auto-detect --summary" (or
> via digikam or via konquerer).

I used to use gphoto to read my photos, but these days I just have a compact
flash card reader plugged in via usb, it lets you browse/view/copy your
photos just like they were on a floppy, much easier, simpler, and faster. You
can even write a script to automate it, so plugging in your usb card reader
automounts your photos somewhere.

Jacob Rhoden            Phone: +61 3 8344 4478
ITS Division            Email: jrhoden at unimelb.edu.au
Melbourne University   Mobile: +61 403 788 386