hostnames and interfaces

Marty Landman MLandman at face2interface.com
Thu Nov 20 17:42:39 PST 2003

At 08:17 PM 11/20/2003, paul van den bergen wrote:

>to expand on this, there is a potential many to many relationship here
>between
>host names and IP addresses (strickly speaking that is what dns etc sees?)
>
>how dose BSD define this? how does one define this using BSD?

Hey, sounds like you understand things so well you see the void in the
forest. As a newbie I'm still just trying to keep my head from twisting off
at long enough intervals to define some of the questions. Like, given I
have 5 boxes - 1 fbsd 4 windoz though maybe that proportion will change in
a time :) - and each has their own ip adr and I have two apaches installed
does that mean I can setup a max of 5 different domain level websites on my
intranet? Or 10? Or infinite (well, this is reality I hope so...)

The daemons are afoot, my ponderings do not affect them.

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
Sign On Required: Web membership software for your site