FreeBSD beside WinXP

chael at southgate.ph.inter.net chael at southgate.ph.inter.net
Thu Nov 20 16:49:57 PST 2003

Thanks for all the replies. And yes, that's what my FAT32 is for... sort of
a mediator for the different OSes which also contains important files but no
directories for working applications.

Ok, let me get this in short. You basically recommend me to follow this
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/disks.html#NT-BOOTLOADER ?

If I want to copy that /boot/boot1 from my FreeBSD partion to my drive C:\,
how can I get to my FreeBSD partition, in the first place, if I won't be
able to boot from it after installation? (because I assume the above steps
would require you not to touch your MBR while installing FreeBSD). Can I
create a boot disk to boot that FreeBSD?

Thanks.