New parts for new PC (need help - little knowledge of hardware)

Bryan Cassidy b_cassidy at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 20 06:59:31 PST 2003

Here's the current setup that I have came up with. I think I would be pretty happy with it as long as I don't have any problems in FreeBSD. If I have problems I want them to beable to be fixed ya know?

Antec PLUSVIEW1000AMG Chassis

AMD Tyan S2466 (Supports 2 AMD Athlon MP Processesors)

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/companypages/products/motherboards/tyan/mottyas2466/mottyas2466.htm

2 AMD Athlon MP 2400+ processors

TURBO-COOL 510 ATX/ATX12V Power Supply from PC Power and Cooling

2 - 4 1GB Crucial DDR PC2100 Registered ECC Memory sticks

Promise FastTrak TX2000 RAID Controller

2 Western Digital Caviar Special Edition 120GB (EIDE,Ultra ATA/100, 7200RPM) Can't find a a 10,000 RPM one from Western Digital that is IDE, has that much GBs.

GeForce4 Ti-4600 Vid Card

GENERIC Floppy drive - don't really care who this comes from.

Lite On LTC-48161H Black 48x24x48x16 Combo Drive
Write Speed: 48X CD-R,24X CD-RW
 Read Speed: 48X CD-ROM,16X DVD-ROM
 Interface: ATAPI/E-IDE
 Buffer: 2MB

 Diamond DT-688 3D PCI 5.1 Sound Card Live Theater(6 Channel version)
Found this sound card on pricewatch for $8.00..