Weird Problem...

mike bueide mbueide at charter.net
Wed Nov 19 17:17:10 PST 2003

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 03:26:02PM -0600, Peter Elsner wrote:
> Thanks, that's my next attempt.  I don't have NAT running right now,
> but didn't think it was required unless I have the firewall enabled.
> I usually enable that after I get everything else up and running.

Unless nat is running how could your computers
using the freebsd gateway box connect to the
outside world?  Nat has nothing to do with the
firewall.  It will simply replace the your dhcp ip
from your lan with the ip that the internet knows
about on your wan nic interface.

--
	mbueide (at) charter (dot) net .