New parts for new PC (need help - little knowledge of hardware)

Bryan Cassidy b_cassidy at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 19 00:53:25 PST 2003

I've put some parts together. This is what I've come up with. Please
tell me any recommendations on changes or anything with this system. It
will run on FreeBSD. Any comments what so ever is appreciated. Please
try to explain in detail when you go to tell me about changing something
or whatever so I can understand it and then I can learn it and remember.

Motherboard:
Tyan Thunder K7X-S2468

Processors:
2 AMD Athlon MP 2400 2.0GHz Processor CPU

System Memory:
2 Crucial PC2100 512MB
Question about memory: From the Specs on the Tyan Thunder K7X-S2468 It says
Supports ECC (72-bit) memory modules
The Specs on the Memory from newegg.com says
Error Checking: Non-ECC

Can I use this memory with this motherbaord?

XFX Geforce FX 5200 128MB DDR Model PVT34KNA With TV-out&DVI
Will this vid card work with my motherboard? Is it supported under FreeBSD? FreeBSD 4.8,4.9,5.1? I get real confused when checking to see if something is supported under the hardware section. I find out the chipset and I go looking through every single line for that chipset. Still confused on how to really use the Hardware section successfully.

Hard drive:
SEAGATE SCSI 36.0GB 10000RPM, MODEL# ST336607LW -X10

Once again. Will this harddrive work under FreeBSD and with my motherboard?

Sound Card
CREATIVE LABS AUDIGY 2 ZS SOUND BLASTER 7.1, 6.1, 5.1, PCI SOUND CARD

Power Supply
- From PC Power and Cooling (pcpowercooling.com)
Turbo-Cool 510 ATX

DVD-Rom/CD-Rom
PIONEER DVR-106BK DVD-Recordable (Black Bezel) DVD-R DVD-RW DVD+R
DVD+RW

Put all this in a Antec PLUS1080AMG Chassis