Can I bakup like this...??

Keith Spencer bsd2000au at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 18 21:33:51 PST 2003

Hi all (thanks to Daniela for digging me out of a fsck
hole),
I need a quick n safe backup strategy.
One that I can get the machine backup super quick if
have to.
What say you about this...(and "how do I" tips please)
a) Throw another drive in the box
b) Createthe same or at least minimum size partitions
as the active drive
c) Cron job to "dump" or tar or ??? the partitions

Then if the original drive hassles me I dump back to
the partition or if the original drive dies, make the
backup drive the active one!

HELP....
How do I do this.
(Disregarding the disaster recovery for the momnet if
necessary)
Thanks
Keith