sendmail question

Alex Wilkinson alex.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au
Tue Nov 18 17:55:46 PST 2003

Howdy all,

I have yet another sendmail issue.

This command will send mail fine ie no errors whatsoever and the mail arrives masquared:

$ /usr/bin/mail -s "testing" alex.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au

If I Bcc or Cc recipients I get this error:

$ /usr/bin/mail -s "testing" alex.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au -c
+username at domain.gov.au,username at domain.gov.au,username at domain.gov.au

WARNING: RunAsGid for MSP ignored, check group ids (egid=200, want=25)
can not chdir(/var/spool/clientmqueue/): Permission denied
Program mode requires special privileges, e.g., root or TrustedUser.

What is the best way of getting around this problem specific to FreeBSD -CURRENT ?

I am tempted to just SetUID root /usr/bin/mail, however, I would prefer not to do this.

Can anyone suggest a correct method to deal with this issue.

Please Cc me, bec I am not subscribed to the list.

Thanks

 - aW