grep & ls question

Marty Landman MLandman at face2interface.com
Tue Nov 18 17:25:48 PST 2003

I have transferred over, via ftp a whole bunch of stuff. Some of the files
got allocated but not transferred so I thought a convenient way to identify
them would be grepping a list dir output. Here's a sample of what I get:

Swami:: ls -Rlh /usr/local/www/data/ | grep ' 0B'
-rw-r--r--  1 Marty  wheel     0B Nov 18 17:54 img52.jpg
-rw-r--r--  1 Marty  wheel     0B Nov 18 17:54 img54.jpg

The problem with this output is that it doesn't show the full (relative)
directory path, e.g. home/img52.jpg. Although I've specified -R so that
info is available if I eyeball the ls -Rlh /usr/local/www/data/ output
alongside the report after grepping it'd be more convenient to be able to
have the full relative path for each file.

I realize sometimes the solution is harder than the problem and I'm not
looking for anything unreasonable; if this is about what it should be under
the circumstances that's cool, just interested in knowing.

tia,

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
Sign On Required: Web membership software for your site